Celebrating the centenary of Jean Starobinski, the EPFL+ECAL Lab in collaboration with the Swiss National Library unveils a new kind of digital exhibition. Awarded as the “Best User Experience 2020” by the Meilleur du Web, the project brings together literary expertise, museum research, design, engineering and psychology. It aims to highlight major writers and their contributions to thought, from the collections deposited with the Swiss Literary Archives.
Herbert Bayer (April 5, 1900 – September 30, 1985) was an Austrian and American graphic designer, painter, photographer, sculptor, art director, environmental and interior designer, and architect. He was instrumental in the development of the Atlantic Richfield Company’s corporate art collection until his death in 1985. -> Pinterest
“Is the cat a parasite? “
Damian questions the relationship we have with one of our favourite pets: the CAT.
The Neuchâtel Cantonal Observatory lived from 1858 to 2007. What was its role? In a video produced for the Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry, Gaetano Mileti, deputy director of the Laboratoire Temps-Fréquence at the University of Neuchâtel, and Julien Gressot, a doctoral student in the SNSF project, tell the story of this important place in the history of Neuchâtel.
The renovation project of the Musée National de la Marine, which has been housed in the Palais de Chaillot since 1943 and is the oldest maritime museum in the world, will be divided into different galleries that have been designed to meet the expectations of different audiences:
- The tour will begin with a “landmarks” area, both a maritime interpretation centre and an immersive space, which will give visitors the historical, geographical and aesthetic keys to the sea.
- Three “semi-permanent” spaces renewed every three to five years on the most emblematic themes of our history and our future.
- Object” spaces, called “studios”, which will showcase the most beautiful works from the museum’s collections.
- A new space that will allow the organisation of two temporary exhibitions per year on subjects more in line with current events.
- Spaces for exchanges and meetings: a documentary resource centre, a 200-seat auditorium, work spaces, a shop and a restaurant open to all.